Friday, July 17, 2009

Wonderful news....

So I wrote the previous post and within an hour my future boss called and offered me the position I interviewed for at the hospital! AND OF COURSE I ACCEPTED IMMEDIATELY!!! I am so excited to get started in the wonderful world of nursing.....(Not breast feeding....Been there for over a year now)....But my life calling as a person who helps others! It has been my dream since I was little....I have always wanted to be a nurse....Although I have strayed from that path in my college years, looking to do other things....like teaching or accounting......But I was always drawn back to the nurse profession!

I will be working on the medical floor, nights. That is 3 shifts a week. I'm hoping to get Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so I can sleep and Daddy Bones (DB) will be home with Baby Bones!

I have some major fears....I know they will come with the job...(like all the training, making mistakes or a patient dying on me)....But I am SOOO ready to begin this new journey!

Its kind of fun to think about DB being the stay at home dad with Baby Bones! They have had so much fun together since DB was laid off!

DB will be starting school Fall semester and is quite nervous...But he will do well! He says its going to take him 12 years and I tell him "No..I will not allow you to take that long!" LOL!

Well it looks like things are starting to head the right direction...I keep praying things will look up for us and that I will not dwell on the 'what ifs' or 'its not fairs' that I let creep their ways into my mind! I also pray that I will not 'compare' myself or our situation to others and that I will be satisfied with what we have for now and the blessings that Heavenly Father has blessed us with! This may not be my dream situation, but I am so grateful for my family and all they do for DB, Bones and myself! With out them I don't know what would have happened to us!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hayden!! I'm so glad you got a nursing job! I think you will do great! And just know that Heavenly Father loves you guys and knows what you need right now. I look up to you so much! You have no idea how much I value your friendship! Even it it is mostly in the blogging world and facebook. You have a such a sweet family!

Uffda said...

Being a working mom is hard and sucks sometimes but it has its benefits too. It was so nice for me to get out of the house and go back to work after my maternity leave, in the fact that I got out of the house and I have a lot of really good friends at work. Jordan is in school now and he had alot of those fears when he first started too. SO much so that he put it off. But he is doing so great now and LOVES it. (I hate it cause he's away so much) Everything will work out. We just have to stop and enjoy what we do have. Congrats on the job. Oh and I LOVE the new crib.