Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The update on Brent's knee injury!

So Brent had an MRI on Monday and then had a follow up appointment that afternoon. We found out he has torn the medial meniscus and his right knee and also torn the lateral patellar ligament. He has been referred to an orthopedic specialist and we are waiting for Reliance to call and give us the time for the appointment. He has been taken completely out of work to rest his knee and help the swelling to go down. He will have to have surgery, but we don't know when yet...So I will have to let you know when we find out!
Also an update on Kevin's injury...He had to have another xray on Monday and will find out this afternoon what the results are and he too may possibly need surgery. The joys of life.
Brent and I are moving in with Kevin and Judy, because we live in a basement apartment at the moment and there are too many stairs for him to go up and down. The funny part about that is that I am pregnant, Brent has an injured knee, and Kevin has an injured hand! Ha ha...So who is going to help us move you are wondering....Yeah I have been too....But The 7th ward Elders quorum will be helping us! We are lucky for that! I am about half way packed up...Between school and taking care of Brent...I don't get much done! Oh well!
Some other fun news....Brent can feel the baby now! So that has been really exciting! The first time he felt the baby was on Sunday night....It was very faint kicks, he said it felt like a heart beat, but it was irregular little kicks! Then Monday night, the baby decided to present its hind end to us! It was balled up on my left side and rubbed its bottom against our hands...Or at least that is what I think it was....We had a good laugh about that! So that is all for now! Hope you have a great day!

1 comments:

Leesa said...

my goodness- can y'all just put yourselves in a padded room for a while so you can be safe!! Brent- be careful! You know you are supposed to be taking care of my sissy right now not the opposite! I can't wait-- 5 more days!!!!! Then we can see the little peepee!!
I love y'all and worry about you. Take care of yourselves- Hayden you take it easy- these are precious times.
XOXOXOXO