Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our trip to Albuquerque

We went to Albuquerque on Saturday and stayed until Monday! I was scheduled to take my NCLEX-RN exam and Albuquerque is the nearest location for me to take it at! So we went down Saturday, had some yummy food...We ate at Genghis Grill, Panda express (Brent's favorite), Olive Garden and then Furr's...I like the Furr's in Albuquerque better then Farm town, because you can dish it yourself! LOL!
We shopped and played and had a lot of fun! It was actually quite relaxing! I didn't get nervous until Monday morning! I had to be at the testing center at 730 am and my test started at 8. I was done by 9:02! I had 75 questions....But I am more nervous now waiting on my results! LOL! I just pray I passed! I don't want to have to go through that again! I feel like I was neglecting my child...I could tell towards the end of this last week, while I was hitting the books harder then before, that Braxy was feeling like I wasn't paying enough attention to him! And that makes me so sad! After my test, we went to the zoo! Our first time together (me and Brent) and Braxys first time too! We went into the rain forest exhibit first and Braxy started freaking out....And I thought "oh no. this is going to be rough!" As soon as we gt out of there he was fine and actually really enjoyed it! He talked to all the animals. SOOO CUTE! But its so funny because he was so amazed by none other then the giraffes! He watched the male walk back and forth and would not take his eyes off him! So funny! Anyways, so here are pictures from our trip! Enjoy!


Daddy bones
Sleeping baby Bones
Momma Bones

I hate these things! But I saw the diesel and had to get a picture
of Bones in it for his Grandpa Wright!


He actually cried when we put him in here. He was afraid of the lion, so I was a little worried about the zoo!

Poppy took him for a ride on the carousel



Rio Grande Zoo
Nanny's favorite! LOL


Sorry those 3 are kinda blurry..I had sunscreen fingerprints on the lens! Ooop...LOL!

Feeding the ducks/fish!
The boys...
Me and Judy
Here are the ducks and fish...

One of my favorite birds!
Daddy giraffe...Braxy's favorite! He strutted like he was HOTT STUFF!!!
Momma giraffe
Baby giraffe
too cute!
This is Rosie and she is 18 months pregnant!


Tiger...Braxy liked him too!
Lazy lions...actually most of the cats were napping!

Polar bear...He was pacing...kinda scary like! The other one was swimming down below and playing with his toy!
This is a Lobo...A wolf...I never knew what a Lobo was...so I thought I would share with those of you who didn't know either....
These were the cutest! Mommy and baby howler monkeys! The baby is a boy and was so cute! He was showing off...He went up and kissed his momma and then went back down and fell off! It was funny! We watched these guys almost as long as we did the giraffes!
So cool! I think there were 3 of these in this exhibit!
Cactus...
Flowers...
More flowers....
And even more flowers....

We got to watch this elephant do tricks! It was really cool! This is Rosie's mom and Grandma to the soon to be baby! She is the matriarch of the herd! We also learned that if Rosie's baby is a girl she will stay with the herd at the zoo. But if it is a boy, he will stay for 9 to 10 years and then be moved to a different zoo for breeding! I thought that was cool!

This is Bones new favorite thing to do...Put stuff on his head! He puts EVERYTHING on his head! Crazy Bones! Look at all his teeth! (really not that many...just 5)!

And our newest trick.....Walking! He loved the room we stayed in and got really good at crossing from hard floor to soft floor...He did it over and over and over....So entertaining I guess!

5 comments:

KTLADY said...

Wow! What a post! Looks like you guys had fun! Can't believe how fast Braxton is growing up. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TEST RESULTS!!!

emily and Nate said...

at this zoo when Kye was a baby he reached up his hand to the giraffe and it stuck its long black tounge out and wrapped it around his finger! IYour such a good mommy, you can see how much that little guy is loved by looking at your blog, it always makes my heart warm. And good luck with the test as well!

Regina said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! We are headed there next week and taking the kids to the zoo too! I love the peacock always out wandering around! Good luck waiting for the results! That seems to be the hardest part! But I'm sure you did fine!

Aubrey said...

Looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to hear how the test results turn out. When do you find out?

Leesa said...

Braxy was so cute at the zoo. I can't wait to see him especially to see him walking. Love ya tons!!!